Tuesday 23 October 2012

Drinks .. Happy Hour (Part II) , Malaysian Scenario .... delineating the parameters

This is Part 2 ... of the series ....  a closer look at "Drinking and the Happy Hour scenario" from a Malaysian context and perspective .... thus, .... it is about the local scene.

 The introductory brief (Part 1, posted on 19th October 2012 ) laid down a way forward .... primarily, stating my intentions and actually thrown in a starter piece .. touching on the "flower market" scenario ... on the drinking/entertainment scene- and I will take up this scenario further at later time; but in the meantime, please bear with me, I need to get hold of more details and photos.

I intend to throw in some depth of coverage on the overall topic .... and at the same time with the hope that I can be able to have a degree of investigative coverage- to make the topic more interesting and informative.

I have made out a small chart to assist me in my thoughts and approach - sharing it herein with you .... as it will enable you/ or shed some light ... in seeing the bigger picture as to what trying to do. 
The Chart has 6 dimensions .... as shown in the boxes; thus articles in the series will attempt to look at the key parameters .... what is in each of it ... how each influences the other .... and how it works together to define  the drinking scene and the happenings.

Having said something about my thoughts ... and the intended parameters of approach, we now move into ...... 
Looking at the statistics.... and this was reported in the Star newspaper...... on 23th May 2011
"Malaysia has been named by the World Health Organisation (WHO) as the world’s 10th largest consumer of alcohol despite its small population and size.
Statistics by the international body this year also showed that Malaysians spent over US$500mil (RM1.5bil) on alcohol with a per capita consumption of seven litres.
Beer consumption in Malaysia is 11 litres per capita."
I know .... it seems unbelievable, even to me, ..... we dont really have a drinking culture, and yet....  our statistics seem to point towards it ...... our beer consumption per capita are within the range of those cultures that drinks.......... such as those in Europe.
This even make it more interesting to find out what is behind all this ...... what are and where are the happenings ................... and I hope I can successfully get into digging at it .... with photos., I hope......
Before I end this Part 2 ..... I herein share with you a few photos of shots taken by me last friday, at the Bukit Bintang area, Kuala Lumpur ............... depicting a traditional pub (WHERE) and the happenings ................... (the people in the photos are tourists from Australia ..... who were on visit for the Motor GP over the weekend ........ and I can tell you, there drank in large quantity ............... (contributing to our GDP):
They are enjoying themselves at the pub ...... a traditional pub

Can you guess what she is doing? ..... it is a completely legal activity

what is she up ? ........ 

..... with that I wish you a nice and pleasant day.. ....................................................................................  to be continued on .... Part 3





No comments:

Post a Comment